What is the meaning of this?

Feign and do it nigh

that I may even yet witness it;

born of truest intonation,

longed for night and,

on occasion, daily.

For I,

oh angels spare me,

I was as a carefree gryphon once;

a careless young surprising advent

of the modern legend.

It was for me,

for me!,

an easy thing

to build a touching sequence of…

Let us seize the magic number

so that we can,

within a reasonable duration,

assume to know the secrets.

Tagged: , , , ,

10 thoughts on “What is the meaning of this?

1. butimbeautiful March 1, 2012 at 02:28 Reply

What IS the meaning? Does it have one? Or is it just a lovely sequence of words?

• Steve March 1, 2012 at 03:10 Reply

Well, I’m not going to give it away that easily! However…, there are hidden things to be found, of course 🙂

2. Veggiewitch March 1, 2012 at 18:06 Reply

Love it!

3. eksith March 9, 2012 at 11:13 Reply

Occassionally, I come across something that makes me ponder an idea I don’t ever want to admit. I may have a naughty mind 😦

This is someone conversing with a muse… or bouncy, bouncy. I hope it’s the former.

• Steve March 9, 2012 at 14:04 Reply

Wow, there’s always another interpretation lurking somewhere! I certainly didn’t have bouncy bouncy on my mind during its creation, but now that you mention it, I suppose a reading could be interpreted that way if one wanted to. But no, that is certainly not the original intention 🙂

And I suppose a conversation with a Muse is also a possible interpretation, but there is more yet to be found. A number of clues are there to be found.

• eksith March 9, 2012 at 18:18 Reply

Does it have something to do with growing older and wiser?

• Steve March 10, 2012 at 01:15 Reply

I suppose there’s wisdom (if I may say so myself) in the hidden messages, but I don’t know if age is a prerequisite.

4. maria March 10, 2012 at 06:12 Reply

I’m reading clues about solfège (do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si), music notation and music theory in the text.

5. maria March 10, 2012 at 18:44 Reply

And now I am thinking that the verse can be a crypto for daylight saving time, if it is not about fugues or well-tempered pianos? But I can’t solve the puzzle.

• Steve March 10, 2012 at 19:11 Reply

Well, sooner or later I’ll give the answer. I will give as a clue that the messages are very general and nothing so specific as one might think. And I’ll even go further and state that there are a couple of intertwined messages in this puzzle; one actually points to the other.